I just purchased a 1984 Mercedes 500 SEL for my wife and have Questions?

The speedohmeter works however the mileage is not moving. It was because where I purchased I saw where he had the car inspected 1 week earlier and there was less miles on the car and there was a problem with the alternator the dealer told me and he replaced. Can someone help me wiyh this?. Thanks I ordered a cd from Ebay but not here yet.

Reply to
MYWIFES84500SEL

Common problem with older MB. Here is the place to get your parts... order all three gears at the same time. I ordered one only to find that I need the second one and then crapper... the third one too... paid three times for shipping... LOL

Tiger

I gave you the wrong website... This is the right one.

Tiger

Reply to
MYWIFES84500SEL

Very easy... pop instrument cluster off with handmade coat hanger hook tool... On the side, slip it in between the cluster and dash... 1.5" from bottom on the side... turn hook 90 degree to grab the cluster and pull out... repeat on other side.

Once cluster is out... remove screws for the white center part of cluster where your speedo and odo is... Once that is pulled out... remove two or three more screws to separate the speedo from housing and all gears can be seen and easily worked on now...

Reply to
Tiger

Thanks I will try this weekend.

Reply to