I messed up my 2005 SL500 front bumper! :(

I was pulling into a parking space today in my newly purchased SL500 and lightly bumped the concrete stopper. i heard a tiny noise and thought it's probably just a minor scratch...but when i got out of the car to inspect... half the lower front fender was hanging down!!! I COULD NOT BELIEVE MY EYES. The whole darn thing looked like a piece of cheap plastic that doesn't belong in a $100K car.

Does anyone know a REPUTABLE car parts vendor that sells my bumper? Private reply is fine... snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Thank you!

Jey Burbank, CA :-(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Reply to
Figaro

What's the official dealer price you are trying to undercut?

Insurance?

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

I'd also be careful in general about fitting aftermarket MB body parts. If you can at least see it, and not buy it blind, that's helpful. There are many cheap body parts out there that are not made precisely and fitting them and making them work eats up as much time in labor cost as you save in part cost.

I recently had some body work done on my car by a guy who does top quality work and has been in the business 40 years. We went through the options and elected to use a combination of salvage parts and genuine MB parts.

For the MB bumper, you could try Rusty. He's gotten me genuine MB OEM parts at reasonable prices. You can google for Rusty Mercedes parts.

Reply to
trader4