I need help

I have a W210 2002mod and have to deliver my central instrument panel for repair due to no indicating outside temperature and several missing pixel in
clock and gear indication. This takes about a week, but does anyone know if I can run the car without damageing anything in this period without instrument cluster installed ????
Yours RD
I don't think you can and I think it is illegal to do so. How much was the repair cost?
Thank you for answering. I can deal with the lagality, but do I damage anything in the car ? The repair will cost about 2-300 $ I have been told. This is in Europe.
RD

I think there is a switch in the cluster area that prevent engine from starting without cluster. I am not sure if the computers would function too without the display either... Have you tried starting up the car?
If there is a mechanical oil pressure meter, be sure to plug the line of . I assume it's not there but if there is it's a rather unpleasant surprise.
I don't think anything will become damaged from trying to start it with the cluster disconnected. it might just not start due to some safety feature.
Regards,
Maurits Obbink.
Tiger wrote:

Just try it and see.
Dammage ? unlikley...
Will it run?, thats questionable, and the only way to find out is to try it.