i need help.., my buddy has a 1984 benz...

he turns off ignition switch everything shuts off except th engine. I have to open the hood everytime I want to shut it off please help me. How can he fix the fuel system cut off selenoid he has a 1984 300 td
benz.....please get back to me asap...i need this help for today.... :D
check for the vacuum line in the back of the injector pump. i believe its brown colored, comes through the firewall from the ignition, runs alongside the oil filter housing (easy to knock off when doing oil changes) and goes into the back part (toward firewall) of the IP. If it was knocked off, the car wont shut off anymore. Just stick it back in. If its a more chronic problem, you may need to repair vacuum lines or even pump
"chopper11" wrote
> he turns off ignition switch everything shuts off except th > engine. I have to open the hood everytime I want to shut it > off please help me. How can he fix the fuel system cut off > selenoid he has a 1984 300 td benz.....please get back to me > asap...i need this help for today.... :D
thanks a lot man i will tell my buddy that.
"chopper11" wrote
> he turns off ignition switch everything shuts off except th > engine. I have to open the hood everytime I want to shut it > off please help me. How can he fix the fuel system cut off > selenoid he has a 1984 300 td benz.....please get back to me > asap...i need this help for today.... :D
http://www.dieselbenz.info/dieseling_index.htm
chopper11 wrote:

On Feb 14, 8:18 am, "Darrell with DieselBenz.info"

Not sure how the system works on this vintage, but on my 1980 300SD the vacuum line splits off from the main vacuum hose coming from the vac pump on the engine, runs through the firewall to the ignition switch, which contains a vacuum valve actuated by turning the key. Then a line runs from there to the shutoff bellows on the injection pump.
On my car, I had 2 vac lines fail, both were broken right where they go through the grommet in the firewall. One was the engine shutoff, the other worked the doors. When I worked them a bit by hand, they just broker off.