I Need help whether to by '82 M.B. 300SD

At this age the entire front and rear suspensions need to be rebuilt. It'll probably need new calipers too.

25 year old rubber is nobody's friend. But it'll ride like a new car wen it's done. BTDT.
Reply to
Richard Sexton

I purchased an 82 300SD for $7K, with 100k miles on it. I is/was in mint condition. Every service record and orig window sticker, bill of sale ($38k back in 82). It is a super nice car. It is made so damn well, solid, and comfortable. I could not think of a better car for

5X the price. The turbo engine may not have as much power as my C5, but it is a rocket compared to my other favorite, my 240D. These cars are easy to maintain, and this group is a great resource.
Reply to
robrjt

Yeah, that's how this car is! it has the original Deimler-Benz signiture sticker on the lower passenger side, everything in it's place! I have a 87 Toyota Camry with nearly 200k on it that I love, it is a great commuter car, but I can't stop thinking that this Benz is a really beautiful car.

Oh the conflict &@!*#! P~

Reply to
pgmyspace

.... no matter what you buy, there will be an element of a gamble. bottom line 'to me' would be is the seller believable. Does he/she come across as trustworthy... do all his reasons for selling add up, etc. If yes, I'd go for it. Those are great cars... I sold similar to a cabbie at 250k km who turned around and put another similar milage on motor.... floors were rusted out though... make absolutely sure there is no rust.... all else is fixable for reasonable time'money

cheers, guenteer

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

I swear the top of this thread could say nothing but "overpriced", "too much" and about all the possible problems, Now that I decided to not get it, mind you not solely based on this groups input, but now I feel like I may have passed on a great car!? You know if I wasn't already bald I'd pull my hair out... LOL :)

P~

Reply to
pgmyspace

If your wife like this 300SD - we already know that you do - talk to the seller and offer to split the cost of a professional inspection of the front end - ball joints, tie rods, control arm bushings brake rotors wheel bearings, stabilizer bar bushings etc to factually know what's what. THEN, you'll KNOW whether to buy or not and with no regrets either way. But remember, SHE has to like it or there's no point to the exercise.

Reply to
-->> T.G. Lambach

On Mar 7, 3:40 pm, "-->> T.G. Lambach

Reply to
trader4

Dear Sir,

We are manufacturers of all type of cylinder liners,ci rod, bushesh & sleeves having state of the art manufacturing facility with skilled manpower to meet any specialized and customized requirements of our customers beside the standard needs of the industry. With over 25 years of expertise and willingness to respond in tune with the industries demand has been our hallmark and reach out timely with quality material has been our strength. Having said this it would be prudent to add that we are looking at overseas market as the thrust area now and for foreseeable future .With this we request you to revert to us with your requirements which we would be keen to serve.

Thanking you and looking forward to receive your communication at the earliest.

Sincerly yours For Paragon Engineering Works Mihir Rathod

1 Shrine Industrial Estate, N-H road, Rakhial, Ahmedabad - 380023 Ph no. 91-79-22771604 Mobile :- +91-09824050397
Reply to
mihir85_2001