I *think* I want a 300te - advice?

Hello, All:

A few months ago you may remember I had a transmission problem with a '91 300 te 4 matic. I have decided to use the car as a parts car and I am now in search of an early 90's 300 te because I think that the parts are interchangeable up until mid model year '93 when the 300te came with a new dual overhead cam engine. I would like to find a good 300te 2 wheel drive as I have learned from this usergroup to stay away from 4 Matics unless I live on top of a mountain that sees snow 364 days a year. I know the 4 matic engine is different than 2 wheel dive engines, but are the majority (alternator, fuel pump, cylinder head, etc.) of the engine parts interchangeable between

4 Matics and 2 wheel drives? Are body, electrical and interior parts interchangeable between '91 - '93 300 te's? Does my rationale make sense, or should I skip the 91-93s all together and purchase something else? I want a station wagon and I am not too interested in Deisels - I could be persuaded, though. Any advice? Anyone aware of a particuarly nice 300te out there for sale?

Thanks,

Jim

Reply to
Jim