identification numbers

My just purchased used merc 1997 c200 has the following numbers, Chassis 202020-2f648276 Engine Number 111945 220 31891 Identification number 1114-10398312098461.

While I can locate the first two numbers I can not find the identification number anywhere. Does anybody know what it means and where it can be found?

The numbers have got transposed on the registration documents and I am struggling to persuade the feds that its not a atolen motor/

Thank you

Kevin O'Connor

Reply to
Kevin O'Connor

In every car I've owned, the VIN has been in the lower driver side windshied area. On my 300SD, it's on the lower part of the pillar in that area and visible from the outside looking through the windshield.

Is this a car being imported from overseas? That's about the only reason I could think of for the feds being involved, unless you're in a lot more trouble, lol

Reply to
Chet Hayes