Identifying a weeping hose (transmission?)

Hey all,
I'm in search of a little help in figuring out the name of and/or part number of a weeping hose I just spotted on my 78 300d U.S. (automatic
transmission).
Something that looks more like a cable housing than a liquids hose exits the firewall behind and slightly to the left* of the oil filter housing. The "cable housing" then routes below the chassis, where it connects to the weeping hose in question. The hose runs to the left* of the transmission and is approx 3 ft long. The hose terminates at the rear* of transmission just before* the drive shaft becomes visible. It is not held to the "cable housing" by hose clamps; it is held on by a small metal band at each terminus.
*(Directions are listed as if described my someone in the driver's seat.)
Any ideas? A part name and/or number would be a huge help.
Thanks, erik
Speedometer cable.
--

2008 T.G.Lambach. Publication in any form requires prior written
permission.
On May 12, 3:27 pm, "-->> T.G. Lambach <<--" <"T.G. Lambach at NoHamorSpamcomcast.net"> wrote:

Thanks!