Identifying a weeping hose (transmission?)

Hey all,

I'm in search of a little help in figuring out the name of and/or part number of a weeping hose I just spotted on my 78 300d U.S. (automatic transmission).

Something that looks more like a cable housing than a liquids hose exits the firewall behind and slightly to the left* of the oil filter housing. The "cable housing" then routes below the chassis, where it connects to the weeping hose in question. The hose runs to the left* of the transmission and is approx 3 ft long. The hose terminates at the rear* of transmission just before* the drive shaft becomes visible. It is not held to the "cable housing" by hose clamps; it is held on by a small metal band at each terminus.

*(Directions are listed as if described my someone in the driver's seat.)

Any ideas? A part name and/or number would be a huge help.

Thanks, erik

Reply to
fishlegs

Speedometer cable.