Idiot screwed up my Merc

An idiot screwed up the ashtray/sound system panel in my 1970-something 220 D. Does anyone know if I can make a custom panel instead? I wouldnt mind a bigger ashtray and a new panel with a bit of
chrome on the outer edge.
I need advice, basically. Should I try to repair this panel or should I go about making a new one? I don't have the owners manual either and I live in Pakistan which makes finding one close to impossible.
I'll post pictures of the panel if anyone wants to see it.
First: kill the idiot!!
I live in the netherlands, and all parts are easily available here, but they cost!! I leave it to your own judgment to repair or replace, but if you want to replace the panel, I can give you the email address of someone who can help you with the panel.
Good luck,
Jannes

On 25 May 2004 19:52:18 -0700, sheryar snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Sheryar Hyatt) wrote:

Lots of places ship worldwide - I know that Dronsfields in the UK do. It may be worth pointing your Web browser at them and asking for a price.
300 Essie
--
1994 Mercedes E280 [W124] 99,000 miles (R.I.P)
1992 Mercedes 300 SE [W126] 230,000 miles

Just get a good used one.
Should I try to repair this panel or should I go about making a new one? I don't have the owners manual either and I live in Pakistan which makes finding one close to impossible. =================Just ask a carpenter or someone who builds bus bodies and they'll make it for you, with the chrome, for a few bucks. You've got really high skilled, low labor-cost folks over there. A friend from there said that if you live in the North West province, there are guys who will make rifles for you almost from scratch, complete with a namebrand insignia of your choice engraved, for a fraction of the price.