Ignition Key will not turn! Help!!!!

93 500 SEL I used one of the old standard keys that had not been used for a long time. After starting the car about five or six times it would no longer turn the ignition switch. So I went and got the newer flip key and now it will not turn the switch either! Never had a problem with it before. Seems that if the tumblers were worn out I would have had some trouble turning it in the past. Any ideas? Cost if it is the Switch? Help
Reply to
BS

Are your front wheels in a bind.....try taking the stress out of your steering wheel by turning it and then try the key again. I doubt that this is your problem, but it did happen to me......the key would not turn because I had the front wheels in a bind.

Reply to
DOCCOOMBS1

Yep I tried the steering wheel, no luck. I even tried to rock the car back and forth. Just hoping someone on here might have had something like this before I let the techs get hold of it tomorrow.

Reply to
BS

If you managed to jiggle and turn the ignition to on position... do not shut it off... run to the dealer and have them swap it out temporarily until you get a new tumbler.

Try spraying some graphite lubricant and jiggle with no tension from steering wheel.

If no luck at all, $400 is what you are going to pay... plus tow truck.

Reply to
Tiger