ignition parts question

hi - was just wondering, is it ok to buy non-Bosch parts for the ignition system of my 190E? the Bosch parts - as supplied by MB - are hellishly expensive, more than double the cost of parts i can get from LucasUK. is
there any reason not to use the cheaper stuff? thanks

Lucas. The Prince of Darkness :-)
In the US I have used the Wells brand ignition parts without problems on my 300Es and TE. Huge cost savings. This includes their rotors, caps and coils. I use Bosch wires because there is not too much price advantage to the other brands.
Scott D