Importing a used (nearly new) Mercedes from the USA to Canada

Page 2 of 2
wrote in message

As most liberals, you are extremely selective in what you want to bring to the table, and ignore facts, which I took a bit of time to lay out for you. You ignored 90% of my post and took a snippet out of context. To try to get me and others to believe that someone would pay a bill four or five times what it would cost to have the insurance in the first place is, well, just damn silly. But, it is not my job to educate. I mean, if someone wants to listen and discuss facts, not liberal talking points, then I'll go there. But you don't believe me and that is your right.
Wolfpuppy is done with this issue.

Not true. Would you work three years for free? I've never met an attorney that didn't do at least some pro-bono work. How many other professions can say that?
Richard Sexton wrote:

Are you sure you understand the meaning of "pro bono"? The superficial comment above indicates you don't understand the reality but have swallowed the myth.
This is an MB group, thus this is OT.

I have lots of friends that are lawyers and to they do work for free. In pro per and pro bono are terms I understand, thanks.

Is that why it says "OT" in the Subject: line of the header?
Richard Sexton wrote:

Yes. OT for how the thead detoured. "Lots of friends that are lawyers"... me too. I graduated with several of them years ago.
BTW, OT is used so that those who aren't interested can avoid reading and/or downloading the thread.
Cheers.

That case was not frivolous, and the award totally justified. Google it.

I don't need to google it; I live here. It was nearly local news. And, yes, it was frivolous. The lady in question had the cup between her legs and it spilled. Ok, sorry about that, but that doesn't justify huge sums of money. They serve hot coffee because those of us who drink hot coffee want it that way. You know it's hot when you order it, and you know it will burn you if you spill it on you. And if you are going to put it between your legs and try to drive, well, you are asking for it. Furthermore, it was not an intentional act on the part of McDonalds...it was an accident brought about by the negligence of the woman.
Come-on, for christs sake, can't we, for once, start treating adults like adults and hold people accountable for their own actions?

That would be nice, Bush and Cheney in prison.
wolfpuppy wrote:

ALL this is UNTRUE and exemplifies the epitome of ignorance! You should learn how to do legal research and learn FACTS before you go spouting off falsity, but then most people believe the MYTH of the movie "Inherit the Wind" too! SHEEP!
THE ONLY thing about this lawsuit that should be changed is the FACT that the elderly 83 year old nearly burned to death woman did NOT receive a fraction of the highly publicized verdict! But of course the PROPAGANDA that passes for News did NOT bother to inform you of that FACT! Of the less than half the amount she received, the attorneys fees, court costs, etc., were deducted. She had to SUE to get part of her medical bills paid!
FWIW, rarely do people receive the amount of these big mega-million dollar verdicts against corps. The bottom line is: do the crime if you can pay, and THEY do! They settle out of court and recoup their losses from their CUSTOMERS! The verdict in the McDonalds Hot Coffee case was a mere fraction of a drop of water in the ocean to them.
One day you will be older (if you're lucky) and perhaps you will then begin to have some degree of understanding about life and people. As it is, you appear to be a young ignorant teeny-bopper who has been spoiled with his parents paying all his expenses, thus he remains a helpless ignoramous, totally oblivious to others' and REAL LIFE!

You are a raving lunatic.
wolfpuppy wrote:

Your Sin-City mirror is reflecting you. Being from Cincy, puts all this along with your moniker in its proper perspective! McDonald's Hot Coffee Lawsuit should have resulted in the permanently disfigured lady receciving a hundred times the amount she received. Down with ceilings on torts! Up the ante on punitive damages to include a sign around the neck at noon in the courthouse's public square and a ten year sentence of working for minimum wage for the CEO and corp. mgrs.

There are some facts you are unaware of. But I can't make you learn them.
I had the same atitude you do until I read more.
On 2006-03-05 08:26:41 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@news.vrx.net (Richard Sexton) said:

LOL! Very good.
Nukester99 wrote:

The modification must be done at an authorized canadian Mercedes dealership. You can bet that it will be very expensive.
In the previous currency relationship a Canadian M-B dealer delivered "Canadian" cars to US buyers in border cities. Their claim was that the cars were built to "North American" specs and that only the gauges had to be reset from the metric standard. The car's warranty would supposedly be covered by MBUSA rather than MBCANADA. That's a point that I'd really check because one doesn't want to own a complex car with no manufacturer's warranty.
The warranty seems to be a north american warranty. At least my 2002 C-Class was that way. I certainly would want to be certain that I have coverage for a US vehicle in Canada. Again, If anyone has some insight and experience, please let me know.

It's a well understood, fairly common and predictable procedure. It's easier for cars 15 years or older where you just drive up, pau gst and your off, because newer cars have to go through some extra crap but it's still well worth doing.
http://articles.mbz.org/buying/importing /
I've done it three times. Recommended.