Info. on Merc 308D?

Hello,

I'm just looking for information regarding the Merc 308d. I'm considering buying one for a summer road trip and just need to know things like common problems to look out for; how many miles for how much money; any spare parts I might need to take along; how easy it is to put in/remove seats; any particular year that is particularly good/ bad (I'm thinking 88-92). I'm thinking about an automatic gearbox - any good?

Any alternatives to suggest? Maybe the 310d?

Thanks very much for any help guys!

Jack.

Reply to
Jack