Injector Cleaners?

I was at the gas station yesterday and I noticed all of the different types of injector cleaners there and it got me wondering about the stuff. Is this something one can do every so often just for the heck of it or should you really have a need for it before doing so? If so, which brand/type would you guys/gals recommend?

Thanks and have a great day, CHA

1994 C280 1992 BMW 325TD - RIP/Good Riddance
Reply to
cha_cha_cha

Once a year thing to clean your injectors. The only product I would use is Lubro Moly Jectron (injector cleaner) and Lubro Moly Venti Sauber (valve cleaner). They are the most effective stuff I ever use.

Other people will tell you Chevron Techron. The bottle will simply say Chevron Techron in big letters... not those pro-gard with Techron... it is not as concentrated as the full Techron.

I used Techron, and can't really tell any difference after usage... maybe in those electronic fuel injection... but on older MB... I didn't notice difference.

Reply to
Tiger

Reply to
marlinspike

Reply to
marlinspike

Thanks, I will look and see if they have this type.

I'm sure they don't have this type here in Germany (or at my local military PX) but you never know.

Older? Is 94 to old? Meaning, should I just let things be:-)

Thanks again, CHA

1994 C280 1992 BMW 325TD RIP/Good Riddance
Reply to
cha_cha_cha

Thanks for the info. I will see if they have any of the BG 44K here (Germany/PX).

CHA

1994 C280 1992 BMW 325TD RIP/Good Riddance
Reply to
cha_cha_cha

Or Lubro Moly Jectron. Which ever one is available.

CHA

1994 C280 1992 BMW 325TD RIP/Good Riddance
Reply to
cha_cha_cha

Lubro Moly is made in Germany so it shoudl be very easy to get.

Reply to
Tiger

Never heard of that... I only heard praise that Lubro Moly is the best... even endorsed by MB and BMW.

Reply to
Tiger

Very Cool! Learn something new everyday:-)

Thanks, CHA