Injector removal and Idle adjust on 300E

Sorry for the queston. Someone within the last couple of weeks noted on the newsgroup that there was a idle adjust screw that (likely) will give a small
measure of control over the rpm. I lost that post, anyone know where this screw is?
Also, Mr. Lambach noted wrt the re/re of injectors that a detailed account of how to do this is posted at the 'Archives" how, exactly, do I access these Archives since I need to replace my injectors as well it appears.
- thanks
There are no "archives" as such, just old posts to the NG, so don't look for something that doesn't exist. My NG post was to describe the cure for a delayed hot start problem.
Fuel injectors:
They are fed by a fuel rail whose connection to each is sealed by a rubber "O" ring.
The injectors' connection to the engine is sealed by an "O" ring.
The injectors can be professionally cleaned and flow tested for not much money. Do a Google search: "fuel injector service" for a shop to do this. Injectors that are internally rusted or corroded need to be replaced.
The trick to removing the injectors is to depressurize the 45 psi fuel rail so fuel doesn't spray all over. I read that some Volvo owners run the engine and pull the fuel pump relay to cut off the fuel supply and so let the engine reduce the pressure.

    many thanks for the information. Never having done this before, I assume one needs to remove the airfilter housing to get access to the injectors which will remove similar to a spark plug once the fuel line to them is disconnected.... am I even close?
cheers, guenter
I don't know the air ducting layout of a 300E (I own a E320) so that's up to you to decide.
The injectors are secured by clips and plug in, not screw in. Suggest you do a Google search on "fuel injector replacement" to see some pictures of how others have changed their car's injectors. If you want to have your injectors cleaned be sure not to damage them; smear a bit of oil onto the "O" rings prior to installing each replacement injector.
Mercedes Archives try www.mercedes.cx/