injectors 73 Mercedes 450sl

My car has been running bad, when I unplug the injectors(electronic) there are a couple that dont change the idol, I guess this means they are pluged? If so how do I clean them?

Reply to
450sl

Suggest you do a Google search for "fuel injector service" shops in your area. These shops typically charge about $15 or $20 per injector for ultrasonic cleaning and calibration. Tell them what motor the injectors are from.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Which 2? The injectors get their signal to fire from ECU via the trigger points in the base of the distributor. There are 4 sets of points. Each set goes to 2 injectors. Usually, oil goes up the dist shaft and takes out the points. Your cylinders are 1 to 4 down the pass side and 5 to 8 down the drivers side. The trigger points fire these cylinders at the same time:

1 + 5 2 + 7 3 + 6 4 + 8

If you are losing any pair listed, look at the trigger points. There are 2 different styles: with the lead and without the lead. Up to engine 016343 uses the set without a lead, Bosch number 1 230 090 009 From engine 016344 uses the set with the lead, Bosch number 1 230 090 013 They are not cheap...... they list for $530.00.......

Reply to
Karl

Two reasons that caused my SL to run crappy were: the trigger points on the dist or the throttle switch....the contacts in the TS get worn out and start giving the ECM the wrong info

Reply to
Ken