Installing HID

Does anyone know how to fake out the external lamp failure indicator when replacing H-4 bulb dual filament. The light goes out ok when using low beams. The HID system I used has a magnetically operated
shield inside the xenon bulb that moves to redirect the light for high beam operation. The shield is actuated by the high beam leads on the 3 connector plug to the light. I placed a 10 ohm wire wound resistor from the high beam lead to ground which keeps the external failure lamp out when the high beam flash control is pulled bach. However, when the high beam switch is pushed forward for constant high beam operation, the failure lamp come on. Does anyone know what the difference is between the two methods for high beam operation?
What car did you use it on? You could hook up a bulb inside the engine compartment to fake it out for high beam.