Instrument cluster removal 300E

My speedo indicates speed OK but the trip meter and total distance indicator have stopped registering. I have tried to remove the instument cluster as
per the manual with a hook that I manafactured. No matter how hard I pull it will not move. Can anyone help? Are there retaining screws that I am missing? Thanks, Ted.