Integrated cell phone on North Am cars?

Hi everyone,

I'd like to know if the North American versions of the SL models come with an integrated cell phone, like in Europe or is it an add-on option?

You see I know someone in Germany who only had to add a SIM to the system to activate it.

Here in Canada, it is a $3500 add-on option, which I'd like to confirm because $3500 for a cell phone when one could get a hand held for

Reply to
Basilic

To clarify, in Europe (and elsewhere, I don't doubt) we buy a pricey integral car kit.

The telephone is any Nokia 5000 and 6000 series, obtained from anywhere.

The telephone is not specifically approved by Merc as such; it just has to fit the cradle. The list of phones which fit is available from Merc.

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling