intermittent driveline vibration

I have a 1982 300 TD with 205K. It has developed an intermittent driveline vibration that when it occurs is quite severe but when I stop the car and then take off the vibration disappears. I took off the drive shaft but the bearing do not seem very worn. Any one heard of this kind of problem? Ray

Reply to
Ray Fenio

Suggest you check the rear tires for imbalance and, if nothing found their axles' CV joints a/k/a "spider gears". Those axles are available rebuilt if one is needed.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach