Invalid VIN on Carfax, what does this mean?

I was looking at a '90 300CE at Autotrader but whenever I enter the VIN into a title check service I get an invalid VIN message. According to Benzworld it's a valid number and was built in '90 at the Sindlefingen
plant. So what does this mean other than to maybe stay the hell away from the car? The car has to have been titled sometime but could it be a recent import? Thanks for any help.
John '80 300sd
Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

Bet it's a one entered as an I, or a zero entered as an O. Dollar has been weak enough since before 1990 that not many gray market cars make much sense any more.
ds

The VIN is right, I checked at Benzworld.org and it had the manufacturing info.
John
Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
What is the vin you are inquiring about? I can get you a VMI for it from MBUSA.

It's: WDBEA51DALB158210
You can just email the info. Many thanks.
John

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
Any dealership parts department can give you the VMI, I do it all the time.