iPod install in E320

Just wanted to follow up on a message I read here once about playing an iPod (or any MP3 player) through the Mercedes radio.
The commercially available FM transmitters that transmit the iPod
audio to the radio have poor quality.
The cassette adapters that have a cassette with a wire that you plug into the player are difficult to use because the cassette door shuts on the Mercedes radio so the wire cant connect to the iPod. If you play with the cassette door open, the MB stereo beeps every few seconds.
Using a radio removal tool I bought on eBay for $7 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&categoryC998&item $55846953&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWN%3AIT I pulled the radio out and removed the top of the unit. It just pulls up (no screws) to reveal the inside of the stereo. I inserted the cassette adapter and routed the wire out the back of the unit, then down behind the console and pulled it through the ash tray. I reinserted the radio no problem. The iPod fits neatly in the ash tray compartment and the fidelity is awesome.
This was literally a 15 minute job and I've never removed the radio before. The only challenge was finding the release to remove the "tool" that pulled out the radio.
This is a handy thing to have. I also connected it to my handheld police scanner, nice to monitor around town.
Bob