IR Remote

I have an 03 E class with infrared remote (Smartkey?) If I bought a used one, can it be programmed for my car? Does anyone know how that is done? Or does it have to come from MB programmed for my car by VIN. TIA Howard

Reply to
Howard H

Tiger will probably answer this one with: "Check with MB dealer."

Reply to
James O'Riley

The smartkey (for my M-class) has a microchip, and if for example the key's battery needs to be replaced; you must reset/sync the key with the cars ignition switch. See an owners manual for the exact procedure, or call the service department manager and they should walk you thru it.

DanlK, ~~~\8-O FYI Services Collectibles

FYIS.org

Ditto... owner's manual has info there... otherwise search on internet regarding this issue.

Reply to
Tiger