IR Remote Range

The one feature of the 97 E320 that I DO NOT like is the IR remote. Right now I have about a 6 ft range with it. What range are the rest of you getting?
(Yes, this baby had all the bells & whistles. Heated seats [that I'm not testing in this weather!], factory h/f cell, & all.)
Collin
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

When new, '00 E-320 remote was about 20'. Over time that diminished to about 6' and only on the side, toward the sensor. When the battery was replaced, it went back up to about 12', but still on the side, not front or rear.
'06 S-500 is about 20', but not dead-on front, or rear. It seems to like a bit of an angle.
Hunt
6' to 10' front, left side and trunk. Enough to be unlocked by the time I pull on the door handle.
Where is the front sensor located? I've not noticed it.
Collin
On the front side of the interior rear view mirror. Aim there and you'll see it respond.