Is 3.0 liter OK in place of 2.6 in 190E?

I have to put a new engine in my 1993 190E 2.6 automatic. (This is a U.S. car.) Someone suggested that I put a 3.0 in place of the original 2.6. Given that they are essentially the same engine, the suggestion
didn't sound bad.
Is this feasible, and, if so, is there any particular 3.0 that would be best? Any pitfalls?
Suggest you focus on engines that are the same model year as your 190E so the electronics and emissions controls will be as close to those of the dead 2.6L motor as possible.
T.G. Lambach wrote:

Yes, that was my concern also--thanks for the feedback.
There have been several successful transplants of the M103 3.0 and M104 twincam into the W201 2.6 engine bay. They will bolt up to the 722.4 trans, provided you have the ECU and wiring harness from the donor car.