Is it really a Mercedes or more a Chyrsler ??

That then would bring in all the *older* Audis that were *normally* AWD but had two differentials (center & rear) that could be manually locked to produce a kind of '3WD' (one front wheel always left to slip).

Leaving my old dinosaur of a Ford F350 as the only *true* 4WD, eh? But yes, you're right. At least in my opinion. It always grates on me to see "4X4" slapped on an AWD sedan or coupe ...

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; drove that)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Ignasi Palou-Rivera haute in die Tasten:

If you look at the commercial car division of MB, MB seems to be far less touchy to make badge engineering and to cooperate with other manufacturers. In Germany the MB Sprinter and the VW LT share about 80% of their parts (although VW sells LTs with their own engines). Did you know that MB bought ten thousands of VW VR6 engines to fit into their V- class (Vito based minivan), because they were not able to make a suitable

6 cylinder FWD powertrain on their own?

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

Ok, so go for an "estate" or "station wagon" style instead. What about a rangerover?? Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Wrong NG to ask about a very expensive non-functioning piece of junk collecting dust on Mars.

Why not al Allroad? No other manufacturer comes close to Audi AWD so why bother trying to replace a high probability roll over candidate with a nice AWD wagon?

Reply to
Richard Potato

organization

so JD doesn't do international cars, I think they do.

Reply to
Tha Ghee

Think again. Show me Consumer Reports ratings on current Citroens. Show me J.D. Power ratings on current Opels.

-- C.R. Krieger (Seen ingrate fools before)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

J.D. Power do studies for the U.K. and Asian markets at leats. See for example the 2003 "UK Car Customer Satisfaction (CSI) Study" at I guess you are technically true as Opel (or its equivalent Vauxhall in the UK) or Citroen are not mentioned there...

Reply to
Ignasi Palou-Rivera

thank you sir, I'm always wrong because "I'm some dumb punk kid."

Reply to
Tha Ghee

please read below, and now who's the fool?? I hate being correct.

Reply to
Tha Ghee

You should be happy that is an incredibly rare event.

Reply to
daytripper

for you not me, I understand this bothers you.

Reply to
Tha Ghee

Ya know, Ghee, part of the art of making a snappy comeback is doing it somewhat less than *17 days later*!

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; done that for you)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

yeah I know but I'm closing on a 42 unit apartment so I haven't had a lot of free time but I will soon.

Reply to
Tha Ghee