Is it worth buying?

Well... Today i'm going to finally decide whether to buy or not buy an '84 w126

500sec. I already checked the car. It is rust free, except for the roof which looks like it has a couple of sun "pops". the color cracked a bit, I presume it's 'cause of the sun's heating. I'd say a 100$ price for repair. Anyway...the car has full equipment, and its mileage is 212k km. I think that's about 140k miles. I drove it and it seems in pretty good shape. I'd just take it for a highway drive to spin the motor a bit.

The guy was asking 1800EUR for it, like a 2k$ , I lowered to price to a

1300EUR.

what do you think? - the price here for these cars, if they are between '84 and '87 is about 2-3kEUR for sec, and 6-7 for sel model.

Thanks.

Reply to
filip

Have a MB mechanic check out the car before purchase... If everything checked out, then go ahead and buy it.

Reply to
Tiger

SEC's are cheaper than SEL's where yu are? Where are you? In the US it's the exact opposite.

Reply to
marlinspike

At less than $2.k what do you need a second opinion for? If a car runs well today it probably will not self destruct tomorrow.

Any 126 built was a damn good car. Probably a lot better than a Jag with the same miles.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

i'm from croatia. you don't see much of these cars here...whole country has about 4.6mil people...capital city (i live there) has somewhat less than a mil....and never in my life I saw a SEC drivin...never....but SEL's are....well, rare, but you see them once in a while.

And, the update...I arranged the day and time to buy the car, and the owner phones me one day before the deal and he's like - you know...er....I sold the car. I freaked out....I just hung up. My friend thinks he's talking BS and that the probable reason is the guy hasn't got clean papers. which wouldn't surprise me, last SEC i checked was...well....a running wreck, and the guy asked about 2k euros for it.

anways....anyone from europe near croatia wanna sell a w126sec? :)

Reply to
filip