Is style and appearance copyrighted ?

Page 2 of 2

BTW, Geoff: Did you used to work at Sun?
snipped-for-privacy@u1.netgate.net (Geoff Miller) writes:

A Toyota Carina was available for the Eurpean market until the late 90s.
--
Ignasi.

On 4 Feb 2004 11:04:40 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@u1.netgate.net (Geoff Miller) wrote:

    I can see that as well. The long hood with induction hump in the middle. Lots of 60s Ferraris had similar designs, and the rear end's abrupt Kamm-style tail always struck me as more Italian and British.     I happen to like the Zs, and came damn close to buying a *gorgeous* silver/black 240 on eBay, but the hard truth is I've got too many cars as it is.     Emanuel
--
1983 Porsche 911
1983 Porsche 944
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (aniram) wrote:

When I first saw the Amanti, I mistook it for a Mercedes, but one that had gone terribly awry (as if BMW's Chris Bangle had helped them out ;-). Most notably, the Amanti's grill is hideous. I think Kia is trying to look *similar* to Mercedes, but MB drivers can breath easy.
-Steve Makohin | Reply to snipped-for-privacy@interlog.com | (hotmail acct is spam catcher)
Saw one at the dealership I purposely went down there to see it. I think more Benz customers go in to look at it than anyone else.
That was a bad move by the Korean's Toyota pulled it off back in the days but it was the interior copy of the Accord. Whoolie. not the whole front of a signature image.
I hope they don't loose to much money.

aniram wrote:

I believe that Toyota's Mega Cruiser was never imported into the USA because AM General threatened a suit for copying the Hummer's appearance.
As to the issue of computer software and cars, if someone built a car that crashed a couple of times a day, I'm sure Microsoft would sue.
note to spammers: a Washington State resident