It started with check engine. Now 40 faults.

I had a check engine light and took my C240 to my independent shop. They found misfires in the right bank which has happened before. The tech checked for other faults which dont trigger the check engine
light. There were about 40. These were related to things in the front half of the car mainly in the front right quarter. Some were like a fault in the right headlight but also there was a fault in the EIM module and in the instrument cluster. My wife had gotten the front right fender clipped, not badly, and the fender was replaced along with the valence under the front bumper. Apparently when the body shop disconnected the various cables to remove stuff the stupid computer saw and recorder many faults. If not, I have half of my front end electronics bad. Maybe just the impact disturbed some of the sensors. Anyone had a similar experience??
I suspect a pinched or abraded wiring harness at or near the crash site.
I understand MB uses very small wire. It could also have been caused by the body shop moving cables around to get at stuff. I'll pas this idea on to my shop next trip in. Thanks

How about unhooking the battery for a couple of hours and seeing if these codes clear? Then you'll know if it was a transient reading from the body shop? Or of course if they recur then you have to start digging.
I don't know if an OBDII "reset" will clear these? I know for a fact in my wifes volvo there are some codes (ie Adaptive data) that is not cleared by an OBDII reset.
Marty

My independent shop has all the fancy computer stuff and was able to clear all of the faults. Now we wait to see if any come back. I am going to my body shop Monday and will see if they check for errors after they finish their repairs. If not, I will fill then in on the facts of life.
Bob