Juergen: Putting in diesel motor in 260SE 126

Hi Juergen, if you read this, would the manual transmission in the 260SE 126 work fine with a 3L (603?) diesel motor? I'd like to get a 260se and put in a diesel,
the mounts should not be different, right?
Thanks, cp
cp wrote:

I can not help here - people like Bill Ditmire are the experts to ask.
What I can tell you is that the manual trans in the 260SE and in the W124 300D had identical ratios: 1st 3,86 2nd 2,18 3rd 1,38 4th 1,00 5th 0,80 Rev 4,22 Rear axle 3,46 and so I assume it was the very same trans.
Regarding the mounts I can not say anyting.
Sorry I can`t help - I'm sure others like Bill can!
Juergen

That's all I wanted to know, thanks! :-) cp