junkyard observations

this past Sat went to a junkyard that carries only imports. Got some trim pieces for my 91 560 I am fixing up.Did see alot of benzes. Most of them had been hit in the rear. As was the case with the Jags and
volvos. Loads or acuras and infinity, hondas and toyotas. Most of these had front end damage. Several lexus 400 that were ther had no body damage visible. There was nice shell of an early 70s 2002 that may be a candidate, as well as a beautiful silver/burgandy 350SDL that was hit in the rear. Picked up 560SEL owners manual, new rear seatbelts, a NOS 560 first aid kit, and nice replacement carpet, some other plastic trim pieces. for $17. Tiger will get his zebrano shift knob the next time I go. My brother, recently home from Iraq, is a good friend or the owner. And the place is 20 minutes away!
Where is this yard located?

Small Texas town called Fort Worth
I am glad your brother came back safe from Iraq. Hopefully he doesn't have to redeploy there. Mmm... Is that place AAA Small Car World?

Roger! Thanks. Will try and get that knob for ya.

Not surprising the Benzes were mostly hit in the rear. Here they are often tooling along too slow for the traffic and have to be passed. Careful rich people city driving.

Of like in the case of my driving my C5 vette, the brakes are so good you can keep her up to speed and always brake at the last minute. Extremely powerful braking power. I had to change my style, as many cars had not such good brakes...and yes , they were usually behind me.

Ha ha ha.... You talk just as you were one yorself. They were hit in the rear mostly because following cars didn't have equally powerfull brakes. "Loads or acuras and infinity, hondas and toyotas.Most of these had front end damage " - here you have MB's followers I am talking about :) Poor, cheap made Japs pretending to be in the same class with S-class, Jags and luxury Volvo's....
No star, no ride........
And a Merc isn't just for rich people. Wouldn't be top-selling in Germany if it were.
DAS
"Andrzej" <andrzej snipped-for-privacy@gazeta.pl> wrote in message
news:faeq3l$g0d$ snipped-for-privacy@inews.gazeta.pl...

I was thinking the exact same thing about the jap cars not having as good of brakes as the MB. My 1984 300D has 4 wheel disc brakes, and stops better than all but one of my dad's vehicles. Of course, it could be the driver also not paying attention to the huge hunk of steel in front of them (that would be the Mercedes). My Jetta had great brakes, but when you don't pay attention, it doesn't matter (yes I rear-ended someone). And no, they aren't just for rich people. I got my MB for less than $3000. Of course, it has over a quarter of a million miles on it too.
<snip>

This is totally wrong and proved so by the stopping distance of the japanese vehicles. They are also generally lighter then MB's which also helps them stop quicker.
I think the number of people driving them (japanese cars) in these parts is a major contributer to the observation.
Also a wrecking yard is less likely to keep a japanese vehicle that has severe front end damage as that means the major mechanicals are toast also, so those go straight to the crusher.
Marty
Ah! I love all this talk about rear-end collisions.
Pete Cowper California Personal Injury Attorney

Mercedes Benz Chaser!!

They already have there own attorneys.