Just bought 1992 300SL-a beauty-a couple of questions

Bought from a good client of mine a cherry '92 with 34,500 miles on her. My son just got a speeding ticket, that sucks. What is the cassette thingy in
the center glove box? I can not seem to open it. I would like to dump it. Any suggestions. Paid 16,000 for the ride (great client) He just put new tires on her. I popped for new front struts and a complete brake overhaul The ticket sucks, have not even registered her with the DMV.
Al

Slide the top slider all the way rearwards, then the whole cassette holder unit can be pulled out upwards. That leaves a hole that isn't good for storage without putting another box-like thing in place of the cassette holders, since things would fall down into unreachable places.
Wow... congrats... I am jealous... I always wanted a SL320...Maybe in a few more years before I pick up one too.
Out of curiousity, how reliable are the 1992 300SL's relative to the older 107 SL's?