Just bought a 99 320e 4matic and?

Is it really necessary to run premium gas,and also should I use synthetic oil? Oh by the way,this is the BEST car I have ever driven.

I just bought the same exact car(1999 E320 4matic). From what I've been reading on this group, I would have to suggest running premium gas. The higher compression engines need it to run properly, and really, how much are you saving between premium and midgrade anyhow? I am personally still getting used to the transmission, it seems to shift at a higher RPM than I'm used to.