kaput odometer

1988 190e odo quit working when I reset it to zero. Speedometer still functions normally.. Anyone know how to repair it? Thanks, Tom

did just the trip counter stop or the the whole thing?
if it's just the trip: do you hear the gears clicking while driving...?
this happens sometimes...you have to carefully push the reset button all the way again...

Both the trip and total odometers stopped working. I can't hear any clicking, stripped gears or anything. But then I can't hear much of anything with a hearing aid......:( Speedometer still functions ok. I thought speedometer and odometer both worked off same cable? It seems strange to me that only odometers stopped. I am considering pulling out the instrument panel and checking the speedometer asm. to see what I can find??? I have tried to push the reset several times and it still won't start functioning again.

http://www.chromeclassics.com/default.asp
Also overseas speedo in austin repairs these, but they are not answering my email.
Have the same problem. On mine, the little plastic driven gear for the odometer has disintegrated. It is easy to take the speedo out of the inst cluster. It is possible that the driven gear on yours is not worn out or broken, but just slipping on the shaft. If that is the case a tiny drop of superglue will fix it.

Superglue I can relate to. I'll check it out. Thanks!!