kaput odometer

1988 190e odo quit working when I reset it to zero. Speedometer still functions normally.. Anyone know how to repair it? Thanks, Tom
Reply to
Tom Dean

did just the trip counter stop or the the whole thing?

if it's just the trip: do you hear the gears clicking while driving...?

this happens sometimes...you have to carefully push the reset button all the way again...

"Tom Dean" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@ohio.voyager.net...

Reply to
Alex Hemmerich

Reply to
farside

Also overseas speedo in austin repairs these, but they are not answering my email.

Have the same problem. On mine, the little plastic driven gear for the odometer has disintegrated. It is easy to take the speedo out of the inst cluster. It is possible that the driven gear on yours is not worn out or broken, but just slipping on the shaft. If that is the case a tiny drop of superglue will fix it.

Reply to
Jim Caldwell

Reply to
farside