Key battery replacement.

Hello Does anyone know if the coding in the current MB keys is volatile? i.e. can I just replace the battery myself without losing the coding, and if so how?

Having written that I bet its in the manual, but maybe someone has some experience of doing it. I have never needed to do it as I don't keep the cars long enough but my SLK has the remote operation of the roof from the key which is bound to accellerate the battery drain by a lot as you have to hold it down for 20 seconds. Or maybe it doesn't ?

Reply to
Gordon Hudson

Just change the battery... I changed a couple... no problem. Just don't press any button when battery is out.

Reply to
Tiger

Thats a good tip. Its the sort if thing I might have done.

Reply to
Gordon Hudson