Key fob battery?

I have a friend with a 1999 C230 Kompressor or 230CK with the remote key/entry fobs.

Can anybody tell me, please, what battery I should purchase to replace the battery in these keys?

And, how do you actually do the replacement; how do you open the little case without damaging it??

Thanks .....

Mike Michael Pomeroy

Reply to
pomerom

I dont know about Mercedes but in BMW's the key recharges itself everytime its in the ignition. I suppose the battery could go bad but as long as you use it every couple months it should stay charged assuming it works.

-Adam

Reply to
mc

On my 2000 CLK, the battery in the key is a Lithium, type CR2025.

Remove the mechanical key. Insert the end of the mechanical key into the opening next to the lock for the mechanical key and press the latch to remove the battery compartment. (The lock and panic button are at the end of the battery compartment.)

Reply to
MJK

The battery type and a detailed installation procedure, including graphics, is in the owner's manual.

Mike - 2000, C230K

Reply to
Mike Blake

Hey look guys - the poor customer probably didn't pay extra for the owners manual. So he doesn't have a manual. And besides, it only costs $25 to $50 US to have Hanz und Franz put in a new battery. And what the heck is that stuff about a BMW having a rechargable battery doing in here???? IS THERE A TROLL LOOSE IN OUR NEWSGROUP ????????

mcbrue chargedupedly down by the river in the trailer under the bridge

92 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE

Very helpful -- thanks.

And to the posters referring to reading the manual. I'm looking into this for a friend who does not currently have the manual. Probably (may) have had one when delivered, but she doesn't have one now.

Thanks again ....

Mike

Michael Pomeroy

Reply to