Keyless entry E320

I had to replace my drivers door sensor on my 1997 E320 due to a Valet jamming a key into the plastic window thinking it was a key hole. My problem is that now that its replaced I still can't get my remote to work on that
door. It works on the trunk and the mirror sensor so I know it's not the key. Do I need to reset something or could something else have been damaged to cause it not to work. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You Scott