Keyless Remotes ?

Hi All,
After many years of nearly flawless service, one of my keyless remotes has lost its will to live. I successfully repaired a cold solder joint on this
one a few years back, but have decided this time to chuck it out (this one is for my 1994 SL500... which I plan on keeping for many more years).
A call to the local MB dealers reveals the price to be $165/$175. I've gotten great prices for OEM parts through various on-line parts suppliers in the past, but cannot find anyone who sells MB remote keys.
Any ideas? Synchronizing is a no-brainer, and while I don't mind swapping out the keyblank if need be, I prefer a new unit over a used (ebay-type) unit of questionable operation.... I'd sooner fork over the $175 (but would love to find a better deal!)
Thanks for any insights,
Paul
PS: My "babies":
http://www.astro-nut.com/clk-sl.jpg
--- http://www.astro-nut.com ---
Check with Fletcher Jones Motorcars in CA... call their wholesale department... 800-328-3095
They are MB parts distributor along with one of the biggest MB dealer.
Thanks Tiger!
I just called them and they quoted "about $200" for them (YIKES!) $165 is not looking to be quite so bad now! :o)
Paul
--
--- http://www.astro-nut.com ---

"Tiger" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Mmm... you must have gotten their regular parts department.
Dealer cost should be only around 90.00 That is what mine cost for a 140 body car