Keyless Remotes ?

Hi All,

After many years of nearly flawless service, one of my keyless remotes has lost its will to live. I successfully repaired a cold solder joint on this one a few years back, but have decided this time to chuck it out (this one is for my 1994 SL500... which I plan on keeping for many more years).

A call to the local MB dealers reveals the price to be $165/$175. I've gotten great prices for OEM parts through various on-line parts suppliers in the past, but cannot find anyone who sells MB remote keys.

Any ideas? Synchronizing is a no-brainer, and while I don't mind swapping out the keyblank if need be, I prefer a new unit over a used (ebay-type) unit of questionable operation.... I'd sooner fork over the $175 (but would love to find a better deal!)

Thanks for any insights,

Paul

PS: My "babies":

---

---

Reply to
Paul Hyndman

Check with Fletcher Jones Motorcars in CA... call their wholesale department... 800-328-3095

They are MB parts distributor along with one of the biggest MB dealer.

Reply to
Tiger

Thanks Tiger!

I just called them and they quoted "about $200" for them (YIKES!) $165 is not looking to be quite so bad now! :o)

Paul

Reply to
Paul Hyndman

Mmm... you must have gotten their regular parts department.

Reply to
Tiger

Dealer cost should be only around 90.00 That is what mine cost for a 140 body car

Reply to
BS