Kia

Tonight someone parked their Kia E-Class clone right next to my 98 E320 and the front ends were so similar it was scary. Honestly, how can they get away with that? Isn't there some kind of pattent/copyright they are violating?

Reply to
Paddington

Done with help from Merc, so no.

Ciao

Zak

-- ========================================================================

Searchable database of 10 000+ car specs========================================================================

Reply to
Zak McGregor

That's a huge poblem of our car industrie. We invent new products and export masses of know-how. The Japanese Car Industrie can profit from this know-how and they can build better and better cars. I hope that Toyotas, Mitsubishis and co. dont replace our Mercedes, BMWs, VWs and Audis, it would be a shame. (SRY for my miserable English...)

Reply to
Florian Mayer

If the German car makers went out of business so would the Japanese....they wouldn't have anybody to copy.

Reply to
Paddington

If they have the ability to copy then why are some of the cars better ?

Reply to
Miro

"Paddington" haute in die Tasten:

Actually the Kia is made in South Korea, and the japanese car industry is slowly starting to launch own, unique car concepts: Toyota Prius, Maxda RX8 Rotary, Nissan 350Z.

OTOH those guys who are sad because Mercedes discontinued making the W140 can relax: They still sell the car under the Mane Lexus LS 430.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

Japanese....they

I found some pics you can compare Kias to Mercedes and a Mazda to VW. Here a Kia to a Mercedes:

A Kia to a Mercedes M-Klasse:
And a Mazda to the new Golf 5:
When you will buy a new sportscar, try this BMW M3 CSL, that's my actual favorite... ;) That's a tuned BMW M3 with 360 HP and Launch Control...
OK, that's it!

Reply to
Florian Mayer

[snip]

Except for the fact that the Mazda was launched many months BEFORE the VW... who is copying who then?

Ciao

Zak

-- ========================================================================

Searchable database of 10 000+ car specs========================================================================

Reply to
Zak McGregor

There was a time that street legal racing cars looked like finely crafted arrows flung from the bow of Sagittarius. Now they just look like the lunch flung from the mouth of a computer nerd.

Reply to
Miro

That Kia grill is like a perverse Merc grill... like if woody Allen made it.

SIMON

Reply to
SIMON

For example?

Reply to
Florian Mayer

How far the mighty Mercedes has fallen!!!

To be compared to a Kia...

Pathetic.

(And then there is the Mercedes SUV, made in the American south, that would have been lucky to to have been as good as the Kia SUV).

Reply to
yooser

what is the name of it?

Reply to