Kin them ole boyz be rite?

Them says my right hand mirror has burned out just cause my kar power seats and the mirrors don't work and the spare fuse I put in burned out and there was a wisp of smoke from my right mirror - but it will only cost 500 0r 600 to fix (at smilin sams, not Heavy Karls). And they tell me the spedometer lites which don't come on after being replaced means that the control panel needs to be rewired with all a them new solid widgets an whut not. Which iz gud fer another 5 or 6 hunert. On top of that 1800 evaporator and related thingies, this kar realllllly is keeping up its reputation as a dollar hog! Total life time so far is $17,669 not counting gas and oil. After the 1200 for these two items, it will be 18,800. That is a lot of money for good ole Jerkin Shrimps retirement plan - how come he hasn't retired yet????

PS - yes, them ole boyz at smilin sams can be rite an probably iz!

mcbrue notreflectively under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

1996 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE

Repairs seem to come in bunches - like bananas. Things keep breaking until you're about ready to scream - and then it stops - for a few years. The joy of a S-Class is that there are just more things to break and fewer places that can fix these overly complicated cars.

After all those years of the dealer's creative gouging you, like others of us, now seem to have found a good independent shop. Bravo!

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

You got that right! After only 40k miles, my '99 E300 has been nothing but problems lately. I get the feeling that's all life that MB built in to last. I've never had so many problems with any other car... even "cheap cars" are more reliable.

Reply to
Alfred

Grit your teeth it WILL pass. Years ago I owned two MBs (still do) that were simultaneously going through their 30K - 40K miles adolescence, I felt like a dog on a leash - with the local dealer holding the other end. It seemed like one or the other was in that shop every month, even the gas gauge broke! But it passed and the cars went on for years without such a crescendo of repairs.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach