Kompressor VS v-tec Engine

I've heared a roumer that Mercdes Benz produced the Kompressor engine in order to compet with the honda's engines if any one has an answer or knows any thing about that please answer me ??

I would be surprised if this were true, because there really aren't very many classes where Honda and Mercedes would be competing for customers.
Who knows, though.
--
Scott Gardner

"I suppose they are vicious rascals, but it scarcely matters what they are. I'm

Kompressors been around since the 30's.....
cp

I can not imagine that would be true as on a commercial level they are not competitors. Is Volkswagen a competitor with Rolls Royce?