Late 80's 126 260 SE with manual trans

My personal opinion is that the engine is too weak for the big car, and that the manual gearboxes of Mercedes during that time were rather uncomfortable. OTOH if you really want to shift by hand, a manual 260 SE might be easier to find than a manual 300 SE
Frank

Well, with manual shift can't be much worse than an automatic 300SD, and I quite like it! :-) Here in Canada we don't need no power anyways. Is the engine in the 260SE the same as in 260E 124? My brother has the german version, quite nice, should be able to lug the extra weight of 126 no problem
cp

Yes
Frank