LCD display in e300/e320

I am looking to purchase a 98 or 99 E300 diesel. I looked at one car yesterday and will be looking at another one on Friday. The one I looked at is at a dealer. It's a 1999. Everything worked, it's
starmark, but both the radio display and the air conditioning display were unreadable. Both will be fixed before the car is sold. I'm wondering if this is a common problem? If it is, and it breaks out of warranty, is it expensive to fix?
It's funny, three years ago I almost a used 99 diesel but ended up with a new saab 9-5. Three years later, I still wish I had bought that diesel. Oh well, better late than never.
Thanks Dave
I just bought a 99 e320 last week and the radio is missing lines at top of display. Also 4 others I test drove all had an LCD problem. Checked at a custom sound store where I bought a CD changer and he said I'd have to replace the radio. Seems to me like maybe a ribbon connector might have dirty contacts. I dunno tho BTW anyone ever hook up their own trunk MZB CD changer to a stock MZB radio??

I have 1999 e300dt and had to have the climate control LCD replaced under star mark warranty. It seems to be common.
I also hooked up my own MB trunk cd changer. Got off ebay. It is easy to hook up. the wires are under the left side of the trunk. Just remove the mold carpet. The head unit should recognize the change once it is installed.
"Mike" <nospam> wrote in message

Oh crap, I'm not gonna ask what you paid!