leaking transmission

Hi, my transmission is leaking where the piston that moves when the car changes gears, this thing is located on the right side of the transmission if you stand looking towards the front of the car.
Will putting a seal swelling additive (leak stopper) harm the vehicle in any way? I absolutely need the car for the next 45 days and cannot bring it to the garage during that period.
The car is a 1988 190e 2.3 mercedes.
Thanks,
Karle
DON'T put that seal swelling stuff in any transmission, just let it leak untiol, you can get it fixed. The additive attacks the seals (which is what caused them to swell) and eventually destroys them.