leather care recommendation?

Hi!
What are you using for leather care? There are many leather care products. And then, some never use any leather care. Leather is a live product (I guess technically that is a dead product, the skin of
dead animals!) and it needs periodic cleaning and nourishment.
So what's your recommendation?
Or do you wait until the leather begins to crack and then scramble trying to fix it?
Kind regards,
gamini

    I use a spray conditioner by McGuire (sp?) that appears to be quite commonly available. Can't complain. The company is well known for it's cleaning products... actually, I believe, they are the OEM for MB care products
cheers, guenter
Sun is leather's real enemy, IMHO.
Every few years I use Lexol Leather Cleaner and Lexol Leather Conditioner on my cars' leather seats. (The cars are always garaged so my leather's needs are modest.)
Someone who bought an old M-B whose leather was awful restored its leather over several days, including (re)dyeing it with various Leatherique products. Tremendous improvement vs. "before" condition.
gw wrote:

i would be cautious of leatherique... i have seen some awesome before and after photos, but heard some bad stories about how durable the recoated leather is... im talking about the multi-stage leatherique process with the went sand, crack fill and redye.. looks fantastic, but apparently it wears poorly
i have recently read some good stuff about neatsfoot oil, and that it restores cardboard-like leather to its former glory, however i've also read that today neatsfoot oil isn't actually neatsfoot oil, so be careful here too! i am planning to try some out on my passenger seat leather, which has for some reason become as stiff as cardboard while the rest of the car is fine.. it's difficult to find though
at the moment though i use meguiars gold class leather condition cream.. it doesn't perform miracles but it does seem to work better than other sprays and creams that i've tried
your best bet is to maintain the leather while it is new, rather than waiting for it to get old and crap and then trying to turn back time!
Ditto on Leatherique.

Alcohol makes it run. Sweat, water or oil won't but it will disslove in alcohol. The cars I've seen had it wear just great.
Hello,
I use Neatsfoot oil on all things leather. This is based on a recomendation from an old leather craftsman in Tucson who told me that many other products don't preserve leather because they leave the leather dry. He especially disliked silicone and petroleum based products. The best Neatsfoot oil is 100% pure, I pay about $18.00USD a gallon at a store that sells horse saddles.
One needs to be careful not to over apply and to wait awhile (to let it soak in) before sitting on the seats.
For more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neatsfoot_oil
gw wrote:

WHen it's evaporated out the leather will go hard again. It works, but only short term. You really should try leatherique. Read the website to see what they say about neatsfoot oil.

leatherique(.com)
No, 2-3 times a year.