LG Comso 2 and Mercedes Benz GLK350 Bluetooth Connection Problems

Hello.
I am helping a client with her Bluetooth issue. Her couple years old LG Cosmos 2 (Verizon Wireless carrier) phone seems to have Bluetooth
connection problems with her new Mercedes GLK350 SUV that was traded in from her old SUV model. It was connected, but it kept losing connections. Both SUV and phone's screens show connections and disconnections messages. It seems like there is a connection problem between them.
I tried fiddling with the settings on the phone, but nothing seems to help. Even moving closer and farther in the SUV doesn't make any differences. I tried deleting her two existing "MB" Bluetooth profiles, but was unable to add a new one even with autodiscovery enabled.
I also checked on http://www.mercedes-benz.com/connect for this phone, but it only listed one LG phone and was not even close to her phone model series for this SUV. The phone works without Bluetooth though.
Are there detailed instructions on how to connect these two through Bluetooth? Or is this phone old and/or incompatible and she needs a new one?
Thank you in advance. :)
--
Quote of the Week: "May 10,000 ants never invade your underwear drawer."
--unknown