Lifting 380sl Bent Jack

Hi,
As I was jacking my 380sl up to fix a flat, the jack bent under the car's weight. So, I searched the archives and found someone who had reported the same problem with a 380sl.
I was just wondering if anyone here had the same problem with a 107 or different model, as it seems like a dangerous condition that should have been reported before.
Thanks very much for any info.
Bill
I have use it a couple of time on my 380SE... never a problem. I know the R107 might be a bit heavier... but can't imagine... I can only assume that the placement of the jack was less than optimal and thus bends.
Was the jack original to the car? Are you the original owner?

Can't really say, Tiger, as I'm not the original owner. But didn't most of the models use the same Bilstein jack from the 70's through the 80's? In any case, it fit to the jacking holes perfectly.
Yes, they still use that jack. Even my 95 has it and I believe the 2001 also has it... I'd have to double check on this.
I can only imagine that the angle of the jack was not at proper angle... meaning it should be at an angle before jacking up and by the time it reacheas the proper height, the jack is pretty straight with tiny angle...
Or, for some reason, you got the wrong jack for your car... for example, you got the jack from a 190E... which may be weaker... not sure on this matter... and then you are jacking up with a heavy car... will cause a bend....
Bill Scmidt wrote:

If you want another shoot me an email; my neighbor has one from his son's '87 300 SDL that didn't go with the car to the salvage yard...
-tom!