light switch

Seems I'm still finding out new things with my 190e, '93. Because of some fog I turned on the fog lights and noticed that they can be pulled out in two
stages, all the way out a light on the switch comes on. For the life of me I can't notice any difference between the first stage pulling out and the second stage when the switch light comes on.... what is the switch light's purpose? Anyone know. I'm pretty sure that my '89 300e does not have this 'two stage' fog light switch and it certainly the white 'dot' does not light up (of course the bulb could have been blown all along).
cheers, guenter
The first stage is for front fogs only, the second stage is for the rear fogs

Actually, he means to say 'rear FOG' light...... NOT FOGS.
You only get ONE fog light in the rear, on the drivers side. NOT two. Otherwise people behind you will be saying "Who's the bimbo driving with his/her foot on the brake?"
RHD, it is on the right. LHD, it is on the left.

Hey, thanks for that. I had no idea. Would never have thought to look at the rear re fogs and sure enough, an extra pair of tail lights .... who'd of thunk it :-)
cheers