light switch source for radio static

I noticed a significant increase in static when the lights are on. Is this a simple or expensive fix? (Anyone out there ever clean a light switch?)
Collin
KC8TKA E320/97
It may not be the switch....I would look for a simpler solution first and check / clean the connectors at the head / tail lights. Peter

Probably related to the alternator? Try turning on the rear defog and I bet it gets even louder?
Could be tough to troubleshoot though...
Marty
Maybe a simple choke on the power would be the best solution.
Collin KC8TKA
Yes, it did. Big time.

Care to explain what this cryptic comment means?
Marty
It was more closely related to your post than my initial response. Yes, there was more static when the rear defroster was turned on.
Collin
If the noise is proportional to engine rpm I would bet that the problem is caused by worn alternator brushes. Peter.

This seems like a good theory and a relatively inexpensive fix too...
Marty