Lighter socket always live?

Is there an easy (software?) way to make the lighter socket in the dash (of a 2001 E320 wagon) always live? My dealer tells me it's impossible, but my brain wants to remember that there's an easy way to set it up that way, and a friend who made that a condition of sale got it just the way she wanted it...

I suppose I could go fiddle with some wires, but I'd rather go with the supported method if there is one.

Thanks!

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Run a hot wire to it and get away from that computer once in a while!

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Run a fused hot wire to it. Mike